Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Puppy Scare

Anyone who's ever felt sick and vomited knows how bad one must feel in that situation.  Being a puppy parent and seeing my puppy vomit without knowing why is a very scary situation.  What did Q eat?  When did he eat it?  Is he going to be OK?  What did I miss that I should've caught?  Did he drink too much beer? (just kidding)  And then on top of that to see him chow down on his vomit as if he hadn't eaten in days....   Absolute horror is all that I can say to describe what I felt last night.

Q actually vomited twice last night.  Once at around 10pm, which appeared to be just a little bit (I woke up too late to really tell).  And the second time was at around 1-1:15am, which was a whole lot.  We decided to give him some plain rice to help settle and fill his stomach.  Not long after, he pooped what appeared to be normal looking poop, so we felt a little more relieved, but still worried and shaken up, nonetheless.

This morning Quigley seemed OK.  He ate breakfast like usual, and barked at everyone outside when I wanted him to just go potty.  He didn't really want to go walking, like usual, but he did play "fetch" inside the house, and then ran his usual laps around the living room, kitchen and dining room for a little bit.  We hope that whatever it was that bugged him last night is now gone, and hopefully can be easily avoided next time.  I just wish I knew what it was....

No comments:

Post a Comment